Health Care Providers in Portsmouth and Somersworth, NH
When you choose a primary care provider at Families First or Goodwin Community Health, you gain access to a team to treat the whole person, with a wide variety of programs and services. Our community health centers in Portsmouth and Somersworth have teams of doctors and nurses who aim to make care inclusive, trauma-informed and accessible to all. We treat everyone with the dignity and respect they deserve from infancy through geriatric care. Each medical provider has a team of health care professionals, including medical assistants, a nurse and a social worker who provides care coordination to support your physical and emotional health and well-being.
What Do Our Primary Care Services Include?
- Well-child check-ups and developmental screening
- Sick visits
- Chronic disease management, including a certified diabetes educator
- Social support services and referrals
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Women’s health care
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings for uninsured people
- An on-site lab where our patients can have labs drawn, whether ordered by us or by another provider. Sliding-fee applies.
- 24/7 access to a nurse who can answer your questions and reach a doctor
- Medication-Assisted Recovery services for treatment of Substance Use Disorder
- Hepatitis C Treatment
More Benefits for Primary Care Patients in New Hampshire
- Medicaid, Medicare and most private insurance plans are accepted
- Income-based discounts if you are uninsured, or for services not covered by your insurance. Learn about our Sliding-Fee Discounts.
- Same-day appointments for established patients are often available
- Free assistance to help you get health insurance, prescription assistance and other benefits
- Access to an onsite behavioral health provider for mental health concerns
- Access to dental care
- Translation/interpretation services (advance notice needed)
- Help with transportation (ask a social worker)
- Telehealth (phone and video visits) available