Health Care Providers in Portsmouth and Somersworth, NH
When you choose a primary care provider at our community health centers in Portsmouth or Somersworth, you gain access to a team to treat the whole person.
As a community health center, we use a team-based approach. This means that in addition to their own Primary Care Provider (PCP), patients will see and get to know other members of that provider’s team: other primary-care providers, nurses, medical assistants, social workers and patient advocates.
Primary care services are accessible and open to everyone — infants to seniors, individuals or families, insured or uninsured, all income levels — we invite you to make us your medical home. We strive to provide services in a respectful, trauma-informed, recovery-friendly and LGBTQ+-affirming way.
What Do Our Primary Care Services Include?
- Well-child check-ups and developmental screening
- Sick visits
- Chronic disease management, including a certified diabetes educator
- Social support services and referrals
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Women’s health care
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings for uninsured people
- An on-site lab where our patients can have labs drawn, whether ordered by us or by another provider. Sliding-fee applies.
- 24/7 access to a nurse who can answer your questions and reach a doctor
- Medication-Assisted Recovery services for treatment of Substance Use Disorder
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Nicotine Cessation Program for patients who are interested in quitting nicotine products (cigarettes, vaping, cigars, smokeless tobacco, etc.)
More Benefits for Primary Care Patients
- Medicaid, Medicare and most private insurance plans are accepted
- Income-based discounts if you are uninsured, or for services not covered by your insurance. Learn about our Sliding-Fee Discounts.
- Same-day appointments for established patients are often available
- Free assistance to help you get health insurance, prescription assistance and other benefits
- Access to an onsite behavioral health provider for mental health concerns
- Access to dental care *Due to a staffing shortage our dental centers cannot accept any new patients right now. Also, we have reduced hours of operation to four days a week at each location
- Access to consultations with a volunteer neurologist
- Translation/interpretation services (advance notice needed)
- Help with transportation (ask a social worker)
- Telehealth (phone and video visits) available